Borders rider 'ecstatic' about Caroline Powell as mentor
A promising equestrian from the Borders has told horse insurance policyholders that she is "ecstatic" about being mentored by New Zealand riding legend Caroline Powell.
Henny Cooper was long-listed for the Great Britain junior event squad and has since been told that top-class competitor Powell will be on hand to provide tips and guidance as she develops her skills.
The 17 year old told the Southern Reporter: "It's been great having Caroline as my mentor. I have followed her career a bit and she has helped me a lot since we started the programme."
She added that juggling training with attending Kelso High School "has not been easy" but that staff at the academic institution have supported her efforts in progressing in the sport.
Last month, British Eventing applauded its competitors' performances at the Badminton Horse Trials and said that it proves the team has a real chance of taking gold at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
May 06th 2011
- Rider wins race on horse destined for knacker's yard
- Equine insurance: Over 1,000 visitors see heavy horse show
- Harrison Ford set to become horse insurance policyholder?
- Horse insurance: New Defra welfare board 'will challenge govt'
- Equine insurance: 'B&B for horses' opens in County Durham
- British Eventing applauds Badminton performance
- Horse insurance: Defra reviews disease outbreak guidelines
- Katie Price narrowly survives collision with horses in Argentina
- Towcester Racecourse proposes whipping ban
- Horse insurance: Pregnant animal rescued from river
- Equine insurance: Horses 'vital' to north-east tourism
- Mark Todd takes Badminton Horse Trials title
- Circus horsewoman defends animals' treatment
- Horse insurance customers given equipment security tips
- Showjumper injured after dog chases horse
- Horse insurance: People 'don't consider owner responsibilities'
- Horse insurance: Sanctuary owners banned from keeping animals
- Horse insurance policyholders 'must be welfare aware'
- Equine insurance: Horse hit by crossbow
- BHA to investigate fixing claims
- Horse insurance: Fire crew helps trapped animal
- Teenage jockey Willie Twiston-Davies breaks leg in race
- Equine insurance: Two horses die in Scottish Grand National
- Horse insurance: Neglect conviction leads to ownership ban
- Horse found wandering in beauty salon
- Injured jockey 'out of coma' following Aintree fall
- RSPCA involved in Aintree Grand National review
- Horse insurance: Teenager dies in riding fall
- Equine insurance: Horse sanctuary saved from closure
- Equine insurance: Police step up illegal grazing challenges
- Horse insurance: Jockey in coma following Aintree fall
- Equine insurance: Horses survive stable fire
- Grand National 'akin to bullfighting', horse insurance customers told
- Horse insurance: Ballabriggs takes Grand National title
- Equine insurance: Rare Konik horses introduced to nature reserve
- Horse insurance: Racecourse criticised for animal deaths
- Ball-rolling adventure sport leaves horses 'absolutely terrified'
- Equine insurance: Infectious disease, sports regulation 'big concern'
- Horse insurance: Animal's prior owners accused of theft
- Equine insurance: Horse rider dies weeks after fall
- Equine insurance: Horse collision driver claims £3.8m compensation
- Equine insurance: Essex horse sanctuary faces closure
- Equine insurance: Horse owner admits neglect charges
- Horse masseur establishes practice in Berwick
- Horse insurance: Prince Charles backs charity ride
- Equine insurance: Horse rider airlifted from Dorset beach
- Horse centre owners threatens protest over A9 upgrade plans
- Welsh National winner Synchronised 'withdrawn from Grand National'
- Horse insurance customers 'most concerned about costs'
- Equine insurance: Horse and cart leads fuel protest