British Eventing applauds Badminton performance
British Eventing has told equine insurance policyholders that the team's performance at the Badminton Horse Trials is proof that they have a real chance of taking home the gold at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Piggy French placed second at this weekend's competition, which saw veteran rider Mark Todd clinch victory 31 years after his first title at Badminton.
Commenting on the chances of the team at next year's Olympics, Yogi Breisner, British Eventing's performance manager, said: "People say we're very lucky, we've got a lot of combinations, but you're still looking for those. We need five [combinations for next year] and I'd like to think we've got five."
Which combinations between riders and horses are best placed for next year's riding season will be judged based on this year's European Championships performance, Mr Breisner added.
The European Championships take place at the Luhmuhlen Horse Trials in Germany from August 24th to 28th.
April 27th 2011
- Horse insurance: Firefighters, RSPCA officer commended for ice rescue
- Equine insurance: Bradford police given stray horse advice
- Horse insurance: Stray animals 'trap people in homes'
- Horse insurance: Fylde equine centre gains Clubmark accreditation
- Horse insurance: Runaway animal stops Isle of Wight trains
- Research suggests equine mating practices contribute to foal deaths
- Pony insurance: Owner 'shocked' by animal theft
- Horse insurance: Fair violence warning issued by police
- No horse-drawn carriage for popstar Lily Allen's wedding
- Equine insurance: Teen rider to guide Olympian in race
- Equine insurance: Horse power used in conservation project
- Equine insurance: Newmarket horse clinic praised
- Horse insurance policyholders opt for 'equestrian airbag'
- Equine insurance: Stable boy wins record payout
- Equine insurance: World Horse Welfare helps Senegal working animals
- Equine insurance: Event rider Daisy Berkeley's horse dies
- Equine insurance: Trapped horse requires emergency assistance
- Equine insurance: Horses run free in Canton park
- Horse insurance: Martin Clunes rehomes RSPCA animals
- World's smallest horse to celebrate first birthday
- Emma Hindle looking for Olympic success on Brisbane
- Equine insurance: 'Horseboarding' takes off in UK
- Horse insurance policyholders told how to deal with strangles
- Equine insurance: Miniature horse gets prosthetic leg
- Equine insurance: Firefighters rescue horse from ditch
- Girl injured in fall after animal startled by bikers
- Equine insurance: Teenager seriously injured in fall
- Horse insurance: Radical therapy 'helps autistic children'
- Sir Alex Ferguson looking for Grand National success
- Horse insurance: Stray animal dies in collision
- Equine insurance: Specialist ambulance delivered to sanctuary
- Horse insurance care in Northern Ireland 'at a crisis point'
- Horse insurance: Animals hamper Leeds park upgrade
- Equine insurance policyholders offered equipment-marking session
- Pony insurance: Animals found dead in Newport
- Horse insurance: Animals 'may be euthanised' due to land sale
- Motorcyclist named following fatal horse trailer crash
- Equine insurance: Horse rescued from river
- Horse insurance policyholders told of 'manure blight'
- Horse insurance: Cheltenham Festival kicks off today
- Horse insurance: Animal and rider unharmed after road incident
- Equine insurance: How to spot strangles
- Horse-drawn carriage worth £30,000 stolen
- Horse insurance: Rider dies on cross-country course
- Man celebrates £1.45m win after £2 horse racing bet
- Guernsey strangles outbreak 'could affect summer events'
- Horse insurance: Man airlifted after fall
- Equine insurance: Volunteers sought for Badminton Horse Trials
- RSPCA try to track owner after pony found in Devon
- Horse insurance: Courses to offer free entry
- Equine insurance: Funeral held for horse-kick victim
- Cheltenham reassures horse insurance holders over electrical risks
- Group expresses fears over horse insurance customers' costs
- Pony insurance: 'Plummeting' prices result in dumping
- Horse insurance: Injured rider to receive compensation
- French trainer brings horses to London stage
- Horse insurance: Sanctuary owner appeals for land
- Horse insurance need highlighted by dog attack
- Equine insurance: Teenager dies after kick from pet horse
- Wild horses running free near Bridgend