Equine insurance: Dog owner charged after police horse attack
The owner of a dog that bit two police horses in Chelmsford has been charged, equine insurance policyholders have been told.
Two Essex Police mounts were injured in the incident, which happened while the horses and their riders were on patrol in the Broomfield area of the town on January 12th, the Enquirer reported.
As the dog attacked animals Bella and Biscuit, their riders, PC Frank Pallett and PC Sarah Fiske were thrown from their seating, but were uninjured.
The horses are now recovering well after receiving treatment damage sustained in the incident.
A 34-year-old woman has been charged with having a dog dangerously out of control in a public place.
She has been released on police bail and will appear before magistrates in Chelmsford on February 9th.
Earlier this month, the Bath Chronicle reported that rider Emma Ford had urged equine insurance policyholders to be cautious when taking their mounts along routes that are popular with dog walkers, after an alleged attack by a family pet.
January 31st 2011
- Horse insurance: 'Lessons should be learned' from shooting
- Equine insurance: Horse rescued from Isle of Wight ditch
- Horse insurance: Firefighters rescue trapped animal
- Police search for owner of Cheltenham runaway horse
- Horse insurance: Stray animal scheme to be rolled out
- Scottish riding school uses horse-drawn sleighs
- Horse insurance: Show jumping trip for poorly youngsters
- Horse insurance: Middleham Stables Open Day 'to be best yet'
- Horse insurance: Animal recovers after ditch rescue
- Horse insurance: Fatal fire 'may have been deliberate'
- Pony insurance: Track affected by proposed A9 upgrade
- Towcester Racecourse prepared for heavy financial loss
- Horse insurance: Thousands of animals abandoned in Ireland
- Horse insurance policyholders 'must be disease-aware'
- Horse insurance: Woman receives three-year ownership ban
- Horse trailer insurance: Police investigate theft
- Horse insurance: Dressage rider offers specialist training
- Swamp fever restrictions 'lifted in Northumberland'
- Pony insurance: Website offers e-learning for Pony Club test
- Michael Whitaker wins FEI World Cup show jumping gold
- Tony McCoy named Sports Personality of the Year
- Horse insurance: Animal rescued from Corfe Castle ditch
- Horse insurance: Animal rescued from ditch in Suffolk
- Turf racing prospects 'look bleak' before Christmas
- Horse insurance: Animal rescued from swimming pool
- Equine insurance policyholders urged against buying wormers online
- Pony insurance policyholders told how to cope with big freeze
- Horse insurance: Pets and animals are part of family life
- Ten-year-old girl donates all her savings to HorseWorld
- Wiltshire rider qualifies for Pony Club competition
- Horse insurance: Dead animal sparks residents' anger
- Equine insurance: Adelinde Cornelissen victorious at Olympia
- Horse deaths in US highlight value of rider insurance
- Horse insurance: Police officers receive equestrian training
- Horse insurance: Irresponsible owners 'put lives at risk'
- Horse insurance: Forestry staff undertake equestrian training
- Horse insurance: Animal trapped in a ditch
- London International Horse Show attracts world-class jumpers
- Ladbrokes launches viral to help AP McCoy with Sports Personality prize
- Horse insurance customers given betting tips
- Horse insurance: Animal contracts contagious disease
- Equine insurance: Police crack-down on stray horses
- Equine insurance: Police horses attacked during protests
- Horse insurance: £15,000 equipment stolen
- Horse insurance: Owner sought after animal dies
- Cheltenham racecourse urging horse insurance policyholders to vote for AP McCoy
- Laura Bechtolsheimer to lead Britain at Olympia dressage
- Shire horse rescued after falling on ice
- Equine insurance: Dairy farmers left with abandoned ponies
- College students attend working horse demonstration
- Grand National winners set for Bob Champion charity race
- British Horse Society splits northern region to improve service
- 'Abandoned horses' in St Albans are safe and well
- Horse insurance: Woman pleads guilty to animal cruelty
- Woman injured as horse tries to eat novelty hat
- Equine insurance: Teenager dies after fall from horse
- Pony insurance: Former Horse Rangers Association pony dies
- Equine insurance: Man dies in collision with horse trailer
- Horse insurance: Rider dies after fall from startled animal