Equine insurance: Stolen horse box rams police
Authorites in County Durham are investigating an incident in which a stolen horse box was used to damage a police car, highlighting the importance of equine insurance.
BBC News reported that the vehicle had been pulled over by officers travelling on the A68, near Howden-le-Wear.
However, as the police personnel exited their car to speak to the drivers of the horse box early on Wednesday (May 11th) morning, it reversed into the police vehicle before speeding off.
As a result, the police motor sustained extensive damage. The horse box was later found abandoned, after it is believed to have crashed into a field near Crook.
Officers are looking for two men suspected of taking the trailer from a farm in Langley Park and believe they may have been injured.
Earlier this week, the Somerset County Gazette reported that a horse box was one of three vehicles involved in a multi-car pile-up in Minehead.
May 17th 2011
- Rider wins race on horse destined for knacker's yard
- Equine insurance: Over 1,000 visitors see heavy horse show
- Harrison Ford set to become horse insurance policyholder?
- Horse insurance: New Defra welfare board 'will challenge govt'
- Equine insurance: 'B&B for horses' opens in County Durham
- British Eventing applauds Badminton performance
- Horse insurance: Defra reviews disease outbreak guidelines
- Katie Price narrowly survives collision with horses in Argentina
- Towcester Racecourse proposes whipping ban
- Horse insurance: Pregnant animal rescued from river
- Equine insurance: Horses 'vital' to north-east tourism
- Mark Todd takes Badminton Horse Trials title
- Circus horsewoman defends animals' treatment
- Horse insurance customers given equipment security tips
- Showjumper injured after dog chases horse
- Horse insurance: People 'don't consider owner responsibilities'
- Horse insurance: Sanctuary owners banned from keeping animals
- Horse insurance policyholders 'must be welfare aware'
- Equine insurance: Horse hit by crossbow
- BHA to investigate fixing claims
- Horse insurance: Fire crew helps trapped animal
- Teenage jockey Willie Twiston-Davies breaks leg in race
- Equine insurance: Two horses die in Scottish Grand National
- Horse insurance: Neglect conviction leads to ownership ban
- Horse found wandering in beauty salon
- Injured jockey 'out of coma' following Aintree fall
- RSPCA involved in Aintree Grand National review
- Horse insurance: Teenager dies in riding fall
- Equine insurance: Horse sanctuary saved from closure
- Equine insurance: Police step up illegal grazing challenges
- Horse insurance: Jockey in coma following Aintree fall
- Equine insurance: Horses survive stable fire
- Grand National 'akin to bullfighting', horse insurance customers told
- Horse insurance: Ballabriggs takes Grand National title
- Equine insurance: Rare Konik horses introduced to nature reserve
- Horse insurance: Racecourse criticised for animal deaths
- Ball-rolling adventure sport leaves horses 'absolutely terrified'
- Equine insurance: Infectious disease, sports regulation 'big concern'
- Horse insurance: Animal's prior owners accused of theft
- Equine insurance: Horse rider dies weeks after fall
- Equine insurance: Horse collision driver claims £3.8m compensation
- Equine insurance: Essex horse sanctuary faces closure
- Equine insurance: Horse owner admits neglect charges
- Horse masseur establishes practice in Berwick
- Horse insurance: Prince Charles backs charity ride
- Equine insurance: Horse rider airlifted from Dorset beach
- Horse centre owners threatens protest over A9 upgrade plans
- Welsh National winner Synchronised 'withdrawn from Grand National'
- Horse insurance customers 'most concerned about costs'
- Equine insurance: Horse and cart leads fuel protest