Horse-drawn carriage worth £30,000 stolen
Equine insurance policyholders have been told that an expensive horse-drawn carriage has been stolen from a barn in Gawsworth.
Manchester Evening News reported that the trailer, which is worth £30,000, was taken overnight on Sunday March 6th.
The vehicle was removed from the barn, located near to a business in the village, sometime between 16:00 and 06:00 GMT.
Police officers in the area have appealed for anyone who saw the incident or may have other information to come forward.
"It is believed that the thieves would have either had to use a long wheelbase van or a flat-bed truck," PC Duncan Toogood said.
"If the carriage was transported on a flat-bed truck anyone in the vicinity of the A536, Congleton Road in Gawsworth, may have spotted it, as it is quite noticeable."
The carriage is Polish made and is described as black with yellow wheels and side skirts.
Last month, event rider Paul Tapner's horse truck was badly damaged in a road traffic accident, although the animals escaped injury.
March 10th 2011
- Horse insurance: Strangles identified in Guernsey
- Equine insurance: Event rider's horses escape injury
- Brigstock Horse Trials secures new sponsorship deals
- Equine insurance: Army horse retires after 19 years
- Equine insurance: Horse mess causes anger
- Martin Clunes named new British Horse Society president
- Pony insurance: Animals moved from Bodmin Moor
- Horse insurance: Rider injured at Newmarket
- Equine insurance policyholders given tips on limited facilities
- Horse insurance: New Somerset equestrian centre planned
- Pony insurance: Emaciated animal found dead
- Judge to rule on housing development in Newmarket
- TV presenters Ant and Dec invest in racehorse
- Horse insurance: Vet struck off after injecting banned substance
- Equine insurance: Princess Anne opens British Horse Society centre
- Horse insurance: Animal 'left to rot' by owners
- Gateshead mayoress in collision with runaway horse
- Horse racing museum approved for Newmarket
- Brownies group raises money for equine charity
- Equine insurance: Horse charity appeals for sponsored runners
- Horse insurance: Residents 'resent' animals on estate
- Horse insurance: Animal's tail cut off
- Equine insurance: Inquest hears of crush death
- Horse insurance: Pupils start equestrian club
- Caution urged between drivers and horse insurance policyholders
- Equine insurance: Woman airlifted following accident
- Newbury fixture goes ahead without problems
- Newbury animals 'electrocuted', horse insurance customers told
- Hay prices 'to blame for abandonments', equine charity says
- Northumberland Police Mounted Section get new equine recruit
- Horse insurance: Elderly animal aided by fire crews
- Horse insurance: Equipment stolen from shed
- Horse insurance: Animal rescued from mud
- Trainer: Newbury course may have had problems 'for months'
- Equine insurance: Woman sees neglect court case costs reduced
- Horse insurance: Welsh woman assists starving Egyptian animals
- Equine insurance: Newbury meet cancelled after horse deaths
- Woman receives conditional discharge over horse bodies
- Horse insurance: Cremation fraudster fined
- Equine insurance: Long-serving police horse retires
- Equine insurance: Ex-racing mare adopts orphaned shire foal
- Horse leaves field to coax foal off the road
- Horse trailer insurance: Trapped animal cut from box
- Equine insurance: Killed horse rider named
- Equine insurance: Horse becomes regular at his local pub
- Horse insurance: Rider dies in collision with car
- Horse insurance policyholders in Llanelli urged to be vigilant
- Equine insurance: Stray animals 'could be seized'
- Beloved animal to join horse rider's funeral cortege
- Horse insurance: Riding groups oppose forestry plans
- Pony insurance: Girl taken to hospital after fall
- Horse rider overcomes broken spine to become para dressage star
- Equine insurance: Long-distance transport rules may change
- Residents 'taken prisoner' by stray horses call for action
- Equine insurance: RSPB uses working horse to power visitor centre
- Horse insurance policyholders told of mobile animal surveillance
- Horse insurance: Rider dies after fall from horse
- Horse insurance: Neglected animals rescued
- Equine insurance: Horse show competitor convicted of cruelty
- Horse insurance: Animals to be given high-visibility collars
- Horse insurance: Police appeal for information after animal dies
- 'Consult equine lawyer over loans', horse insurance customers told