Horse insurance: Fallers recovering after Badminton Horse Trials
Riders and animals that fell at Badminton last month are reportedly all on the road to recovery, which should come as a relief to horse insurance policyholders.
Horse and Hound reported how Ireland's Elizabeth Power, who fell at the Sunken Lake and had to be airlifted to hospital was said to be "doing OK, but still pretty shaken up" following a Badminton Horse Trials event on April 24th.
Another Irish rider, Camilla Speirs took a tumble at the Pick Ups and was ambulanced from the course, but told the news source that both she and her mount Portersize Just A Jiff were now "absolutely fine".
Meanwhile, horse insurance policyholders were told that Nicola Wilson's ride Bee Diplomatic had injured his stifle upon misjudging a corner at the HS1 Farmyard, but that he was now "walking around and almost back to his old self".
Last month, equine insurance policyholders saw event rider Mark Todd take the Badminton Horse Trials title, more than three decades after first securing a competition success.
May 06th 2011
- Rider wins race on horse destined for knacker's yard
- Equine insurance: Over 1,000 visitors see heavy horse show
- Harrison Ford set to become horse insurance policyholder?
- Horse insurance: New Defra welfare board 'will challenge govt'
- Equine insurance: 'B&B for horses' opens in County Durham
- British Eventing applauds Badminton performance
- Horse insurance: Defra reviews disease outbreak guidelines
- Katie Price narrowly survives collision with horses in Argentina
- Towcester Racecourse proposes whipping ban
- Horse insurance: Pregnant animal rescued from river
- Equine insurance: Horses 'vital' to north-east tourism
- Mark Todd takes Badminton Horse Trials title
- Circus horsewoman defends animals' treatment
- Horse insurance customers given equipment security tips
- Showjumper injured after dog chases horse
- Horse insurance: People 'don't consider owner responsibilities'
- Horse insurance: Sanctuary owners banned from keeping animals
- Horse insurance policyholders 'must be welfare aware'
- Equine insurance: Horse hit by crossbow
- BHA to investigate fixing claims
- Horse insurance: Fire crew helps trapped animal
- Teenage jockey Willie Twiston-Davies breaks leg in race
- Equine insurance: Two horses die in Scottish Grand National
- Horse insurance: Neglect conviction leads to ownership ban
- Horse found wandering in beauty salon
- Injured jockey 'out of coma' following Aintree fall
- RSPCA involved in Aintree Grand National review
- Horse insurance: Teenager dies in riding fall
- Equine insurance: Horse sanctuary saved from closure
- Equine insurance: Police step up illegal grazing challenges
- Horse insurance: Jockey in coma following Aintree fall
- Equine insurance: Horses survive stable fire
- Grand National 'akin to bullfighting', horse insurance customers told
- Horse insurance: Ballabriggs takes Grand National title
- Equine insurance: Rare Konik horses introduced to nature reserve
- Horse insurance: Racecourse criticised for animal deaths
- Ball-rolling adventure sport leaves horses 'absolutely terrified'
- Equine insurance: Infectious disease, sports regulation 'big concern'
- Horse insurance: Animal's prior owners accused of theft
- Equine insurance: Horse rider dies weeks after fall
- Equine insurance: Horse collision driver claims £3.8m compensation
- Equine insurance: Essex horse sanctuary faces closure
- Equine insurance: Horse owner admits neglect charges
- Horse masseur establishes practice in Berwick
- Horse insurance: Prince Charles backs charity ride
- Equine insurance: Horse rider airlifted from Dorset beach
- Horse centre owners threatens protest over A9 upgrade plans
- Welsh National winner Synchronised 'withdrawn from Grand National'
- Horse insurance customers 'most concerned about costs'
- Equine insurance: Horse and cart leads fuel protest